Tasermiut South Greenland Expeditions, General Terms and Conditions
Greenland is the wildest country in the northern hemisphere, infrastructure is almost non-existent and logistics pose enormous challenges. That is the reason why we may not follow daily itineraries exactly as planned. All activities are subject to change in order to adapt the journey to the weather conditions, sea conditions, or technical and organisational difficulties, and it therefore requires flexibility in the traveller. Some activities may be cancelled because of weather or ice conditions.
Flights to/from Greenland may occasionally be liable to delays or rerouting due to the Arctic weather conditions in the region.
In the event of rerouting of the tour or delays, over-night accommodation within the dates of travel is included in the price.
However, costs that are incurred due to an extension of the tour are generally incumbent on the participant. In such circumstances, Tasermiut South Greenland Expedition is not liable for expenses resulting from changes of travel plans, lost earnings…
Airline Company Liability:
Air Greenland and Air Iceland operate respectively from Copenhagen (Denmark) and from Keflavik and Reykjavik (Iceland).
Tasermiut South Greenland Expeditions is based in South Greenland to where flights from Iceland take off from Keflavik International Airport. However, the rest of main destinations from Iceland to Greenland are deserved from Reykjavik Domestic Airport.
As our company offers Adventure and Expedition Trips in the whole Greenland; we thus refer to both airline companies’ own terms and conditions.
These airline companies do not assume any liability for events that occur when passengers are not on board the aircraft of the airline company concerned. With respect to liability for checked baggage, please refer to the airline company in question’s own terms and conditions.
Cancellation of land arrangement:
All requests for cancellations must be received in writing.
Until 8 weeks prior to departure:
Cancellations received by Tasermiut South Greenland Expedition until 8 weeks prior to departure, are charged cost of non – refundable flight tickets + cost of other non – refundable expenses.
8 – 4 weeks prior to departure:
Cancellations received by Tasermiut South Greenland Expedition between 8 and 4 weeks prior to departure, are charged 60% of the land arrangement + cost of non – refundable flight tickets + cost of other non – refundable expenses.
4 – 2 weeks prior to departure:
Cancellations received by Tasermiut South Greenland Expedition between 4 and 2 weeks prior to departure, are charged 85% of the land arrangement + cost of non – refundable flight tickets + cost of other non – refundable expenses.
Later than 2 weeks prior to departure:
Cancellations received by Tasermiut later than 2 week prior to departure, are charged 100% of the land arrangement + costs of non – refundable flight tickets + cost of other non – refundable expenses.
Non Refundable costs:
Although every effort is made to ensure any non-refundable fees are minimized, there are occasions where we must commit to international flights, accommodation, permits and other services to support the running of our holidays.
For every cancellation, 100€ per traveller, are charged as administrative fees.
COVID-19 REFUND COMMITMENT
You will get a refund if you have to cancel your trip due to COVID-19.
You will be refunded for the deposit made but the following cancellation fee will apply; 100€ per person as administrative and bank fees.
- Where you cancel in accordance with these terms, we agree to waive our usual cancellation charges and provide a refund if you cancel for a COVID-19 reason. If you can’t join your trip because you or a member of your party is diagnosed with COVID-19, there is a quarantine obligation or has received a request from the Government to self-isolate.
- You must contact your travel insurance provider in the first instance to ascertain if they offer cover for COVID-19 related reasons, and if your circumstances qualify for a claim to be made with them.
- You must notify us of your need to cancel for a COVID-19 reason as early as possible, and must provide us with appropriate written official evidence of the COVID-19 reason.
- We have the right to refuse to allow you to cancel and receive a cash refund where we are not reasonably satisfied that you are cancelling for a COVID-19 reason. In such circumstances normal cancellation terms will apply.
- Your COVID-19 reason must prevent you safely joining your scheduled departure and will take into account current applicable Greenland Government, your nationality’s government and/or destination government coronavirus guidance.
- For the purposes of these terms a “COVID-19 reason” is either a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 within 21 days prior to departure or an order, to self-isolate due to contact with a person who has, or may have, COVID-19.
FOR THESE AND OTHERS REASONS, YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO OBTAIN TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
Edition: January 2022